Our experience benefits you and your practice
Medical Professional Liability coverage can be complex with no one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why our in-house experts will help guide you through the process from start to finish. We assess every member’s unique circumstances so that we’re always designing a coverage plan that meets individual needs.
We’re proud to offer Medical Professional Liability Insurance that protects:
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Physician and Surgeon Groups
- Dentists and Oral Surgeons
- Physical Therapists (when insured under a physician or doctor's policy)
- Advanced Practice Professionals (when insured under a physician, podiatrist or dentist’s policy)
- Professional Entities
Coverage forms and features
Optional Coverage Offerings:
Integris Group offers both Claims Made and Occurrence policy forms. Please contact Underwriting & Member Services for policy form availability by state.
- Claims Made polices cover incidents reported during an active policy period (or during an extended reporting period or tail) as long as the incidents occur after a policy’s retroactive date.
- Occurrence policies cover incidents with no restrictions on the reporting of a claim as long as the incidents occurred when an active policy was in force.
Deductible Programs: There are some situations when it makes sense for our policyholders to assume a deductible. Please speak to your underwriting team to learn more.
Professional Entity Coverage: This policy provides coverage for Limited Liability Corporations, Professional Corporations, S Corps, C Corps, and any other legal entities established by our policyholders.
Prior Acts Coverage: Also known as "nose" coverage, this option allows physicians to move their coverage to Integris Group without purchasing a reporting endorsement (tail) from a prior carrier. Prior Acts coverage protects physicians for any patient treatment rendered under a previous policy with another carrier that is reported as a claim after that policy terminates.
Extended Reporting Period (ERP) Endorsement (aka “Tail Coverage”): Designed to cover claims reported after your policy has been cancelled, ERPs (or tails) are recommended for purchase with Claims Made policies, at an additional cost. In the absence of a tail, you will be unable to report a claim under a cancelled policy.
Practice Status Flexibility: We’re happy to adjust your policy if your practice status should change to include:
- Part-Time Status (80 or fewer hours of direct patient care per month)
- Leave of Absence
- Temporary Disability
- Military Leave
Our Medical Professional Liability policies can include a variety of additional coverages, such as:
Cyber Liability: We provide cyber liability limits as part of your professional liability policy with the option to purchase higher limits.
Administrative Proceedings - (defense expenses only): We cover defense expenses when an administrative action is brought against you by a licensing agency.
Legal Defense - (defense expenses only): We provide defense expenses to our policyholders against governmental proceedings alleging Medicare/Medicaid fraud or abuse.
Emergency Medical Expense for Patients (no-fault coverage): Get immediate assistance to help preserve the physician-patient relationship when an unanticipated event occurs. This policy feature provides coverage for out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the patient without regard to a determination of fault. (New York members, please contact Underwriting & Member Services Department for more information on Emergency Medical Expenses)
Billing Errors and Omissions: If you need to reconcile billing errors, we cover the cost of resolving claims with:
- Governmental agencies
- Qui Tam plaintiffs
- Contractors working on behalf of the government
- Commercial payers
Robust member benefits
We’re one of the few insurance companies with a team of physicians at the helm. We design member-exclusive benefits that provide personal, professional, and financial rewards, including:
- Risk Management Programs
- Legacy Rewards Program
- Emotional Support Programs
- Administrative Support Programs
- Dividend Program
- And much more
Member Savings: We provide opportunities to earn premium discounts through Risk Management Education programs. Please ask your underwriter for details.
Legacy Rewards: After a full year of coverage with us, we allocate a percentage of your prior year premium to a Legacy Rewards account, which is distributed upon a qualifying event, such as your full retirement from the practice of medicine.
Retirement Premium (ERP) or “Tail Coverage” Waivers:
- Members retiring entirely from the practice of medicine, who have been continuously insured for 36 months and are 55 or older.
- Members retiring entirely from the practice of medicine, who have been continuously insured for 120 months, with no age requirement.
- New York members, please contact Underwriting & Member Services Department for more information on ERP Waivers.
Flexible Payment Options:
- Various payment options, which can be customized to meet your needs
- No-premium finance charge with any payment type